Wednesday, December 22, 2010

don't assume.

"Every parent has done this..."

I love hate when I hear people say those words. Well, every parent has done this at some time or another. Umm actually, no...they haven't. We haven't.

I know that most people don't mean anything by the things they say. They don't mean for it to burn...at least I hope they don't! :) It's just hard to swallow sometimes when you hear someone so flippantly throwing words around. Being flippant about parenthood - like it's the same for everyone. Bleh, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Clif and I are parents. We have been for over a year now. No, we don't have a child here on earth... but we still have a daughter! So no...every parent hasn't done "this" at some time or another. The only thing we did was carry Lilly for nine months, give birth, say goodbye and bury her. That's it.

Sorry...heard this and it just really rubbed me the wrong way :) I'm good now...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're right. I'm sure you've heard it all before. I just found your blog and have been reading and there is nothing I can say that you haven't heard. So I've chosen to listen. There must be reason why we have 2 ears and only 1 mouth. I pray your desires will be granted.

Dana said...

I don't like it either. Not every parent has done what we have done and I hope that most never do.

Caroline said...

So true

Betty said...

I agree. It's a very insensitive thing to say. Granted, if they have never buried a child they dont know you feel. Words can hurt so bad...sometimes I wish I had a remote to mute people around me.

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved