Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 25 - your day in great detail.

Day 25 is your day in great detail.

Well...today has been kind of a slow moving day.

I woke up early and got ready for work. I was terrified to leave the house, because Clif got chased my a skunk in our driveway the other morning. It was just a few feet away from my car!!! But I sucked it up and got out there. No skunk....thank You, Jesus! :) It would stink (ha!) if I got sprayed by a skunk and had to call into work.

Work was it's normal self - except that I had to get all my monthly reports together early. I normally don't start working on them until the last day of the month, or the first day of the next. But since I'm going to be out of work so much...I had to get a head start for my new boss. :)

I work this coming up Saturday, and then I don't come back to the 9th (as long as the doctor releases me!). Then we are closed on the 11th, and I am on vacation until the 17th. Fun stuff. I'm sure everything will be piled up for me when I get back :)

It stinks though. I come back to work on the 9th... Lilly's due date. Then I come back on the 17th, the day of her funeral. What was I thinking?? Geez.

After work comes dinner with gals from work. My former supervisor "A" is having a baby! She is due on the 4th, but I look for her to go any day now. Anyways... a bunch of us from work wanted to get together with her tonight for dinner :) Carrabba's. Yum!

Then it's home to the hubby. Probably some TV then sleep.

I will say that I've been freaking out a little the last few days. As my surgery date quickly approaches, I am getting nervous. Really nervous.

There are two things that I'm freaked about.

First, even with my c-section, I was never "put under". The whole idea of it really scares me. :( I keep hearing stories...maybe it's best that I don't ask people. I don't know. Anyways, my mom says that it's not bad... except for when you are asleep, and you know you need to wake up. People calling for you, and not being able to open your eyes.

I asked someone that had a similar procedure done if they put her under...she said they did. And they probably will put me under, or possibly do a "Twilight". I told her the only Twilight I know, is the vampires. But then I googled it (I have done really good about not googling things lately). Here's the definition:

Twilight anesthesia is a type of anesthetic technique where a mild dose of general anesthesia is applied that affects the brain as well as the entire body. The patient is not unconscious, but sedated. During surgery or other medical procedures, the patient is under what is known as a "twilight state", where the patient is relaxed and "sleepy", able to follow simple directions by the doctor, and is responsive. Generally, twilight anesthesia causes the patient to forget the surgery and the time right after. It is used for a variety of surgical procedures and for various reasons. Just like regular anesthesia, "twilight anesthesia is designed to help a patient feel more comfortable and to minimize pain associated with the procedure being performed."


I think I am going to ask them if this is an option. I really really really don't want to be put to sleep :(

The other thing I am freaked about is insurance. I know that they approved my surgery. And they had previously approved five visits to see Dr S. I remember when they sent me the approval for the visits, there was something about October 31st. Now I am freaking (slightly) that when I show up for my pre op on Monday that the insurance won't cover it. But then I think logically, and I don't see why they wouldn't pay for it. I mean, they approved my surgery. And I am going to need pre op and post op appointments with my doctor. Duh.

If you have a second, please just say a prayer for me. Pray that God will calm my heart, and give the doctors wisdom during my surgery. Also, that the insurance may surprise me and be AWESOME. :)

1 comments:

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved