Wednesday, September 22, 2010

spreading the word, and excited about it.

I'm so excited.

The other day, I was thinking about "Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope", and how I could possibly help promote the web site.

Since the launch of "Faces" - I have been so encouraged. Reading all the stories of mothers like myself - woman who have gone through unimaginable loss. And yet, even though these words have been an encouragement to me...they break my heart at the same time. It breaks my heart that all these women have experienced great loss, such as myself...and my husband.

So anyways... I posted the link to faces on a couple of news sites around my area. And then yesterday it dawned on me...why not email our local Christian radio station to see if they can help get the word out. So I went on their website (www.spiritfm.com) and found contact information, and emailed them.

I told them our story - about losing Lilly. And then how after she died, I found a wonderful community of women. And then how the "Faces" website was launched. :) I asked them if there was anyway that they could advertise the website - and she said that she would send it to their promotions department and see if there is anything they can do.

I can't tell you how excited I was to at least get that far...excited about spreading the word about Miscarriage, Stillbirth & Infant Loss.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful Des! :) I'm so happy for you! Still praying for you doll!

Unknown said...

How wonderful that you were able to get that far and I hope that there is more publicity for there needs to be more awareness raised. *hugs*

Kristin said...

You are amazing Desiree!! Thank you SO much! <3

Caroline said...

That's awesome !!! Always praying and thinking of you !!

Caroline

Melissa said...

I am so glad that you are helping to get the word out about Faces. They are a wonderful organization! My website, angelbracelets.org supports Faces with our memorial bracelets. We also support several other amazing pregnancy/infant loss organizations. I started the website after my own loss last year. It's so great to see groups like Faces really helping to raise awareness about this issue and bring it out of the shadows.

Stephanie said...

HOW WONDERFUL! What a fabulous idea!

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved