Thursday, September 16, 2010

I believe.

I've been thinking. Scary, I know.

I've been thinking about a blog post that I read yesterday, on a fellow bloggers page. Her name is Lori, and she's such an encouragement to me. A wonderful woman of God. You can find her blog : : here : :

Lori's post got me to thinking. About (double)  blessings from God.

Sometimes I think that I view Lilly's death as a loss. Which, I mean...in all reality it was a loss. But I did have nine months with her. After four months of trying, Clif and I conceived a child. She is a blessing. Yes she died, yes we grieve every day... but she was (and still is) a beautiful gift from God.

And I also think that a lot of times the way I come across, that I think that God owes a double blessing to us. I mean, after all we've been through...I should get a re-do, right??

God doesn't owe me anything. Us anything. He doesn't owe us another child. He doesn't owe us explanation of why our first born is not here on earth with us. He doesn't owe us anything.

This is a bit of a different spin on what Lori was talking about... but it's just how it hit me.

I feel that sometimes when I write here, that I may come across the wrong way. I don't want you (my readers) to think that I blame God, that I expect things from God....

However, even though I know God doesn't owe me... I believe with all of my heart that there is something around the corner for Clif and me. I believe that God will bless us...in His own time, in a very special...unique way. I know that God does not intend to hurt/harm us...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future....

I believe.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Awesome post and so very true.
{{HUGS}}
Always praying always keeping you both close to my heart.

Caroline

Holly said...

Lori's post was good. You're right in that God doesn't owe us anything. I pray that He blesses you though!

Lori said...

You're such a love...I was just in tears hearing that on the radio and knew it was meant for me. And glad that it was something for you too...

It's so hard to remember, sometimes, isn't it? That we were made for HIS pleasure...for HIS enjoyment and that He's not there for ours. I know I certainly get caught up in waiting for the blessings God tells us He wants to bestow, but I also know that it's hard to be on this earth and just as we talked about in Sunday School this morning--to live is Christ and to die is Gain.

Just doesn't fit our 'world' and certainly doesn't seem to match what my heart feels some days, but so, so true nonetheless.

I believe, believe, believe with you, sweet friend. And cannot wait for that wonderful, miraculous news.

Lots of love!

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved