Sunday, February 14, 2010

amazing love, how can it be?

First off... a big thank you to all of you that sent prayers our way today! They were/are greatly appreciated!!
Being at church today wasn't "great" by any means...but it really wasn't as bad as I thought that it might be. Don't get me wrong...it was hard, I ended up moving sides of the sanctuary and crying and making a small scene, but it all was fine. We have such a great supportive congregation...they were all concerned about me! But this wasn't my reason for writing tonight...
I just wanted to say that this hallmark holiday has really made me think, especially in these last few hours. We tend to talk about and go on and on about the love from our significant others... well, today I have really just been thinking about the Love between me and my Heavenly Father...and how amazing it is!!! I am so blessed to have found Him, and to have such a wonderful personal relationship with Him.
If it wasn't for His love, I wouldn't be where I am today. And there is no way that I would have made it through losing Lilly without Him in my life. Granted, my relationship was nowhere near where it is now when it all happened...but the main thing is that it IS amazing now. I wouldn't trade this relationship for ANYTHING in the world.
And the thing that gets me about His love is that I am SO undeserving. I mean, how can it be that He would love such a sinner like me??? But He does, and for that I am so thankful. :-)
So, that was it...I hope that you all take a few seconds to really just think about how much God loves you. How He gave His life for us, and How that He is there waiting for us, if only we will run to Him and embrace Him. If you don't have a personal relationship with Him, I urge you, don't wait until it's eternally too late...He loves you, and wants nothing more for you to come to Him. God is so good...all the time.

**PRAYER REQUEST**
This is an odd request, and I hope that I don't come across disrespectful or anything.. but please pray for my friend "A" and her family...the friend who asked us to be "Ts" godparents. Her grandmother passed away on Friday night, 2-12-10. She was 91 years old, and lived a wonderful, full life. :-) She was such a blessing to many people, I am so glad that I got the chance to know her. Anyways, the "odd" request is not that I want you to be in prayer for the family, as I know it's tough to lose a loved one... but that somewhere...somehow... there might be even one soul saved through the celebration of the life of this amazingly strong woman. I love you guys, and I am praying continually for you. <3

2 comments:

Raquel said...

I just wanted to let you know that hug meant SO much to me today! :-) I have been so happy all day...I love you! And I praise God for today!

Caroline said...

What a beautiful post and so true. God is so Good. Prayers and {{HUGS}}
Caroline

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved