Friday, July 23, 2010

cue desiree having a melt down.

Wow. That's pretty much all I can say. I am emotionally exhausted. :( Yesterday with the whole plastering the world wide web with preggo-ness, and then today.
Oh yes, I went to work this morning... with yesterday's not so good day carrying over into today. A lady came in where I work and needed to get in her SDB. She had a young girl and a little baby with her.
Long story short, the baby spit up on her, another lady at the office offered to hold the baby while she cleaned and finished up, and as they were handing off the kid the woman says "This is Lilly, we've waited a long time for her". I lost it right there in front of my coworker and a complete stranger. I excused myself and went and sat in the bathroom floor and sobbed like an idiot.
It was weird. I could not control my emotions. I was talking to myself in my head...it's okay...it's a baby...but you're okay. But when the name was mentioned, even though I told the tears they better not come...they did. And all of their relatives came with them. It was bad.
My boss and coworker came and found me, crying....face blood red...hugged me, and made me cry some more. I work with such amazing people. :) So supportive. I love them to death.
I walked it off...drank some cold water, got all the tears out. Confided in a coworker and told her about yesterday and everything that had happened way back when and why I took yesterday so hard. And then came back to work.
I feel horrible because my former boss came in (she's preggo) and I completely ignored her, when normally I would be talking her head off. So not only did I have a minor melt down...I was a witch.
So that's been my day. Fun stuff...can't wait for it to be over with, and for vacation to come.

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Praying for you so much. I'm so sorry that happened. I pray the day goes by fast and you can have a nice vacation. {{{HUGS}}} my friend. Thinking of you always and praying too.

Caroline

belle said...

((((((((hugs))))))))

it's ok (to be grumpy). be understanding of yourself..... be nice to yourself. it's ok to have (really) bad days.....

i always tell myself that if i don't have bad days, i won't recognize the good ones.

xoxoxooxxo

Lori said...

You're not a witch...you're a devastated human mother who was guarding her heart and trying to not be the center of another possible breakdown with your pregnant friend. That's not mean, it's normal.

I'm so, so sorry for the rough day. Keeping you lifted!
xoxo

trennia said...

It's okay honey (((HUGS)))
believe me when I hear Emily's name being said I look...I use to tear up now I look at the little girls..and smile..but there's a tear behind that smile. It's okay sweetie

April said...

I don't think it's possible for you to be a witch. You are the most supportive, strongest woman I know. Even when no one expects you to be. That's why I love ya!

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved