Thursday, May 6, 2010

phantom of my uterus & female infertility

So you're probably thinking, what a post!? Yeah...you could say that alright! :)
First things first. Last night when we checked the mail, there was an "explanation of benefits" from Anthem. It was for my doctors visit, and sonogram on the 22nd of April. Normally, I pay forty dollars when I go for the sono, and then get billed for thirty. Well, this explanation said that Anthem didn't pay anything. That I was going to owe $265.00. Um.. WHAT?
I called first thing this morning, thinking that this was a misprint or something. I finally get a live person and tell her what the deal is, then she informs me that my plan does not cover FEMALE INFERTILITY! Really? Because the doctor has never told me that I am infertile, and believe it or not I was pregnant just six short months ago. So no. I'm not infertile, and I know that she was just a phone answering little person, BUT, I didn't appreciate her saying that.
Needless to say, I cried the whole way to Radford today. :( It was bad. Ya see, I get a sonogram done monthly to check my ovaries. So, I was convinced that I was going off my meds, and that there would be no baby anywhere in my near future.
My most awesome hubby called my doctors office while I was at work, and they connected him with the billing center. Funny how Carilion hasn't even heard anything from the insurance company yet - but the lady is going to call them on Monday, and then call me. She said that if they opt not to cover it, that they can recode it and then resubmit it. Thank you Lord for answered prayers!
As for the phantom? Call me crazy, don't believe me... I don't care. I am still experiencing phantom kicks. It's been almost six months, but sometimes I swear you'd think that there was still a living baby inside of me.
It's the weirdest feeling ever. I'm sure that anyone that has carried a baby past twenty weeks remembers the first time that you felt your baby kick, and how it was weird but awesome at the same time. It's even weirder feeling those things, and know that there is nothing in there. No one in there.
It's actually quite depressing. I try not to let it get me down, but I've felt a lot of these "kicks" the last few days. Especially today :(
Well, this was my "good" post of the day, next comes my interesting one.

3 comments:

betty said...

I'm sorry you had to go through this thing with the insurance company; that's the last thing you need to be dealing with during this season of your life

I would believe it is possible to have phantom kicks. I know people who have lost limbs experience pain where the limb would be. sorry you are dealing with that too

praying for you

betty

Lori said...

I FEEL PHANTOM KICKS!!!

I know John doesn't believe it (I finally just told him because it was killing me)...but I am.

It's so hard. They've been coming more often for me too. Wonder what's going on....

belle said...

i get phantom kicks too .... and it's been 9 months.... sigh....

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved