Wednesday, June 8, 2011

another day...

I'm bored. Are ya happy Doctor's?

Yesterday I spent 97% of my day on the couch. The only time that I actually switched to the sitting position was for like an hour to sort through baby clothes we were given on Saturday, take off tags, and separate them into piles to be washed. Oh, and to fold crib sheets. (btw, does anyone know how COMPLICATED, and slightly ridiculous it is to fold crib sheets? Geez.

Mom's last two days have been productive, at least. She was here all day on Monday, and until almost three o'clock yesterday. She managed to take every single thing out of the kitchen cabinets, wipe the insides out, and wash the outsides down with Murphy's Oil Soap. Then we went through everything...well, I sat while she held up things and I told her what to do with them. I am getting rid of so much stuff...makes me kinda happy! My kitchen looked AWESOME until yesterday. :) That's when she started working on the living room/room that we never use. It was FULL of baby furniture, clothes, diapers...leftover flooring and tools. So now everything that doesn't belong in the sitting in my kitchen, waiting for Clif to wake up and move all of it. Which, as soon as this post is written...he is getting started. :)

I also sent my mom to town yesterday to buy a dresser/cabinet type thing. We were in desperate need of something for our hallway (between the nurseries & bathroom). It's more like one of those lingerie dresser things, but it will serve it's purpose! I'm going to use it for crib sheets, and baby towels. OH, speaking of baby towels...the hooded ones... are you serious? Why does everything associated with baby have to be difficult to fold.

OH! Back to Monday. My mom left to go to her weekly weight watchers meeting, and then she and my dad were coming back for dinner. Clif had been working all day, and was to get off of work around 6:30. So I'm sitting at the house...waiting...waiting... and then finally my mom calls me to tell me that they are at the bottom of my driveway, and a massive pine tree has fallen across it. GREAT! So they had to walk up the driveway, Clif had to change out of dad turned around and went back to their house for a chainsaw, and...well, it's still not cleaned up. They just cut it enough to get by, so that's another project for Clif today. Fun stuff. has promise to be quite boring, but we shall see. :) I'm getting ready to go wake hubby up...and then I have a friend/soon to be sister in law that's coming over to keep me company for a while. I need people to visit so that I don't go insane.

Hope everyone is having a great week! I'll update more tomorrow, after our doctor's appointment. Please pray that all will go well, and that once I talk to MY doctor (this will be the first time I've seen him since before bed rest), he will tell me that my bed rest is not too restrictive. :) A girl can dream, right?


Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Your mom sounds awesome! Wish someone would clean my kitchen!

Hope all goes well at the doctor tomorrow. At least you'll get out, right? :-)

Betty said...

Bed rest is the worst!

And crib sheets are just rediculous! Three kiddos later and I still cant fold them. I just sort of lay them over on top of themselves a few times and stuff them in the drawer.

Sarah said...

I never fold crib sheets. Though my sister did teach me how, I just fold them over themselves and stuff them in a drawer.

That corgi :) said...

its been a long time but I don't think I folded the crib sheets really well. Just in halves, fourths, and so on to store them.

great that your mom was able to help and get some things done for you in the kitchen, etc! I'm sure you enjoyed the time with her.

you are doing a wonderful thing for your body and the babies while resting; think of birds that sit on their nest for their eggs.

will look forward to hearing how the visit with the doctor goes!


Total Pageviews

Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved