Saturday, April 2, 2011

SIXTEEN!



We made it to sixteen weeks! Actually, we're almost to seventeen now!! :) I can't even begin to express how truly thankful that we are for these special little blessings from God.
It's been a pretty exhausting week... and to tell you the truth, I can see now that Dr G is probably right when it comes to me having about eight weeks left of work. *sigh* As much as I hate to admit it... I don't know how much longer I'm going to be able to handle the work load of every day life.
Please begin praying for me now, for the anxiety I am sure that I will experience when I am taken out of work. It's going to be rough...sitting at home, with my mind....knowing that after six short weeks we will have to seek out long term disability, unemployment options...and leave of absence from work. Well...actually, we will have eleven weeks before my FMLA is up - but only six weeks (maybe less?) will be paid time. ANYway...no need of even stressing over those kinds of things now anyways.
This week things have begun to sink in a little more...about having THREE babies. It's really hard to believe. It's very possible that at 16 weeks pregnant, I am half way through. I'm praying praying praying that we can hold out to 35 weeks. But I know that God is in control, and that His will will be done. :)
Speaking of 35 weeks...Clif and I watched an episode of "Make Room For Multiples" today that made me feel good. This girl (who was extremely small and petite to begin with!) was pregnant with triplets. She made it to 35 weeks! She was huge.ha! But she did it. She made it to the point that I pray to make it to every day. The babies were of course born via c-section. They had waited until that day to learn the sex of their three little ones. Three girls!! Their weights? 5.7lbs, 5.1lbs, and 6.2lbs. Can you believe it? I think one or two had to go to the NICU initially - just to be sure that they were breathing on their own, ect. But one went straight to the regular nursery. ALL THREE babies went home FOUR days after delivery. How awesome is that?
Now... Clif and I still expect our babies to have to spend time in the NICU - but we are also very aware that God performs miracles every single day - and that everything is possible...through HIM! :)
Ahhh... okay, it's 8, I worked today... and I am exhausted. I think it's time for the computer to go to sleep... along with one very tired mama!!! Happy weekend everyone :)

6 comments:

Raquel said...

Praying that God takes away your stress, anxiety and worries! :-) I'm chomping at the bit to find out the sex of your little ones...SO glad you decided not to wait until their birthday! :-)

betty said...

As you know, being pregnant with triplets didn't catch God by surprise, just keep trusting in him that he will meet all your needs, financial, physical, etc. But I am glad you will not be working after a few more weeks. One of the churches we used to go to (we moved) one of the families had quadruplets. When the children were younger, they enlisted the help of the church to come in and help for blocks of time during the week which helped immensely. Praying that such a thing will happen with you/your babes.

betty

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Congrats on 16 weeks! I've been waiting for an update on your appt. Glad it went well.

I think Julia made it to 36 weeks with her triplets and they didn't have any NICU if I remember right. It can happen :-)

Trinity said...

Hi,
You are such an brave woman! I will keep you in my prayers, take care of yourself and those babies. I was lying here feeling sorry for myself, not pregnant again and came accross your blog. I am so sorry for your loss. I wish you loads of luck and will keep an eye out for your next update.

Mrs*Popcorn said...

*** praying ***

Holly said...

You can make it! Praying everything will work out as you leave work

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved