Tuesday, August 31, 2010

ovarian drilling

Currently I am waiting to hear back from my nurse. My surgery is already scheduled for November 2nd. No time yet. Of course, if insurance decides not to approve the surgery... I'll have to cancel. My nurse, "C" did say that she has never seen this surgery rejected by insurance. I asked her to stress that this is not just for infertility issues - that it's also beneficial to my health.

I read a pamphlet that I got from their office yesterday about PCOS - and it can lead to diabetes, heart disease, and ovarian cancer (if not treated).

So technically, if they cover the surgery now - and it works, and I start to ovulate on my own...then I will be saving them money in the long run.

*sigh* Please join me in praying that this surgery will be covered under insurance, and that we will get the green light today.



croleyc69 said...

Praying you get that Green light.


Anonymous said...

Praying for you sweetie!

Trennia said...


Michelle said...

aren't insurance companies SOOOOO gracious, generous, and understanding? NOT!

although i largely disapprove of the new healthcare bill that passed a few months ago, there IS one MAJOR thing that our family DESPERATELY needed: i automatically get to stay on my parents' insurance another 2 years. last month i turned 24, which was the age limit, and we were desperate.

not only am i on medications that cost hundreds of dollars per month, but i also see specialists (Neurosurgeon, Neurologist, Nutritionist, eye specialist, Sleep Medicine doctor) and have surgeries.

EACH SURGERY i need totals just over $100,000.

$100,000 for EVERY SINGLE TIME i need brain surgery, and i'm about to have my THIRD in just 19 MONTHS! and i will be having them for the REST. OF. MY. LIFE.

we were really scared & desperate and i felt TREMENDOUSLY guilty because i knew my parents could lose everything they've worked for & built all their lives if we lost my coverage. they would do ANYTHING to get me the care i needed, but it would've destroyed us.

i actually (at one point, no longer have it though) signed something saying i did NOT want to be treated, that they should just let me DIE even though these surgeries could likely keep me alive, because i didn't want to burden my family.

they informed me that they'd rather have nothing with me than have everything without me. but that didn't ease my guilt AT ALL.

i will be praying that your insurance company is willing to cover this without a problem.

also, you may already know this, but MOST insurance companies (not all, but the majority) are MUCH more likely to cover something if you appeal a denial. i don't know why that is, but if you appeal it, there's a pretty high success rate for many insurance providers. so if they deny it, DON'T GIVE UP and APPEAL IT right away!

please let us know what you find out so we know what exactly to be praying for & so we can give God the praise & glory He deserves! :-)

- michelle

~W~ said...

Praying that the insurace will cover it.

Mrs*Popcorn said...

**praying 4 ya**

bnpatgentry said...

We will be praying for you both!! Hope all goes well and you can have the surgery and have a baby the natural way!! Good Luck and as aways keep us posted!!

Total Pageviews

Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved