Thursday, March 25, 2010

*HE* gives me strength...

*Isaiah 40:29-31*
29)He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. 30) Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; 31) but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

~What an amazing reminder of God's love for us. A reminder that when we don't have the strength to make it through the day, all we have to do is turn to Him and He will give the strength that we need. =)
God has given me strength beyond measure. More than I ever thought possible. I walk with my head up, I continue to praise Him through my storm... I have been stronger than I knew I could be.
If you had told me a year ago that my daughter was going to die before she was born, and that I would never see her grow up...I would have called you crazy. And I also would have told you that if that happened, I would literally die. That I could never go on with life. That life wouldn't be worth living.
But how can I say those things now? I can't. There have been so many amazing things happen through Lilly's life. And the awesome thing is, Lilly's life consisted of 9 months inside of me. She never breathed a breath! I mean, families have been mended (and not just ours), people stop and think about how special their children really are...people that have been out of church for years are back!!! And last but not least, Lilly's Grammy got saved two weeks ago!
Not boasting (AT ALL....please don't think that I am) I just want you to hear the testimony of the strength that God has given to Clif and me. When Clif's mom, "S" got saved, she told the ladies that she was with that she wanted what Clif and I had...and all these years, she had thought that she DID have it, but after seeing how we've made it through this time in our lives, and continued praising God. How we've clung to Him in our "storm"...she decided that she was going to move past her pride, and accept Jesus into her heart. As her personal Saviour!!
It's hard to believe that all of these things started with my beautiful gift from God, my Lillian Joy.
God is so good, isn't He? Just remember...when you don't have the strength to carry on, He is with you.

4 comments:

trennia said...

I love of hearing about precious souls saved through the Blood of Christ!
Thank you for sharing!

Katy Larsen said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I needed a little reminder today :)

God's grace is amazing as we live through these losses and it is truly beautiful how He can make something from these ashes.

xxx HUGS

Lori said...

That is just amazing...You are just such a lovely inspiration! xoxo

Caroline said...

Thanx for sharing this and yes God is Good !!
Caroline

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved