Tuesday, November 2, 2010

:) thought you'd get rid of me?

Okay so maybe I am back sooner than I thought. As I type, my shoulders and neck are killing me...but really, those are my only complaints (at the moment). Check in again tomorrow...it may be a different story.

When we got to the hospital, I was really nervous. I can't even tell you how nervous. A lot of it had to do with Clif not being able to be with me the whole time. They took me back to prep me, and Clif had to stay in the waiting room. Once they took all my vitals, did a pregnancy test, and got my IV in... they called for Clif.

Speaking of pregnancy tests...a nurse came in and said, that since I hadn't had a hysterectomy and I was of the child bearing age that they had to do a urine pregnancy test. You want to know what they said the child bearing age is?? 9-95 years of age. Nine years old? Are you serious? That turned my stomach a little.

I was able to have Clif, my parents & my mother in law in the room with me until I went back for surgery.

Now, let me tell you a little bit about my nurse (before I went into surgery). I seriously feel like I was just another number to her. She stopped several times during prepping me to open another patients chart (in my presence) before she "forgot" things. Really??

She asked if Clif was my husband and if he would be there the whole time... I told her yes. Right after that, she asked if I had children. What do you say? I said no...simply because I didn't want to get into that conversation to a "cold" stand offish nurse. Later, while reviewing my medical history - she saw that I had a c-section. She asked again, and I had to explain that my daughter was stillborn *almost* a year ago. She apologized and went on to prep me. Later, she was putting stockings on me (really tight sock-like things to prevent blood clots) and she saw my tattoo. She went on to say that it was one of the prettiest tattoos she'd ever seen. :) Then she saw the "LJS" at the bottom, and asked what it stood for. I told her it was our daughters initials. She then asked all those "touchy" questions...were you full term, what was her name, what happened??
*sigh* I thought I'd be able to get by without having to put all of that out there on the table. But it wasn't too bad. I'm proud of my little girl.

I met with the anesthesiologist, saw Dr S, and then headed back for surgery. They wheeled me in the operating room, and surprisingly enough - I remained pretty calm. They had me move to the operating table, and then introduced me to the O.R nurse, Lily. At first, I was like...really?? But then after the initial thought, it was kind of cool. The anesthesiologist told me that he had already started me on some feel goods in my IV, and that's the last thing I remember.

I was out of the hospital by three...and home by four. :) Clif went by Wendy's on the way home to get me a baked potato...and now I'm home wrapped up in his recliner. He has been super good to me...he's a good nurse.

Anyways... about the surgery. I won't get to talk to Dr S until Monday at my appointment, but Clif said that Dr S called and talked to him. He said that the surgery went "really well" and that my tubes looked great.

Oh, did I mention that when I got to the OR that Lily was holding a big vile of dye? Yeah they pumped me full of dye to check my tubes....and... I'm peeing blue. HA!

I'm feeling pretty good right now...other than the shoulder thing, which has gotten a lot better (because of the pain killers). They've got me on Demerol, so I haven't even started to feel pain in my belly.

Dr S says that I'm probably going to have a lot of bruising on my belly...apparently he has to grab it pretty hard during surgery. No bruises on the belly, but a few around the incision...he said that the other bruises will probably show up in a few days.

Oh, and I think I have super glue in my belly button. Weird.

Thank you all so much for all the thoughts and prayer. :) Clif and I both have a really good feeling about this surgery. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us. And I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am to Him for getting me through this. My blood pressure was even normal before surgery!!! Praise the Lord!


Allyson Shockley said...

I'm so glad to see things went SO well! :) I believe you'll be blessed with a child sooner than you expect, God does wonderful things! Love you so much girl!! <3

Jessica said...

Glad that it went well. I have to get a Hysterosolpingogram (sp?) next month - I'm nervous about it. I hear it is painful. Your post gives me hope - I'm sure I'll be fine :) (((hugs))) <3

Dana said...

Glad to hear that it all went well!

Trennia said...

So happy to hear all went well and your doing good :)
thinking about ya all day.

Total Pageviews

Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved