Friday, September 2, 2011

:)

Well...it's been a while since I have been able to just write. For me. Life has been absolutely crazy these last few months...and I don't anticipate things slowing down any time soon. But that's okay. I'm loving life, and my {not so} little family.
These past *almost* two months have been a blur. A blur of happiness, excitement...fear, not fear of having three babies... but fear of the unknown :) But, as I have said many times since July 15th - we are blessed, and God is good. All the time!
My surgery (csection) was much different this time. With the csection I had when Lilly was born, I didn't allow myself to show pain. I just pushed through it... "enjoying" the fact that I could at least feel something. This time... I was a bit more of a sissy. I think that the worst pain of all was the trapped air (gas) in my stomach. Almost the most painful thing I've ever felt (the worse being when I had my ovarian drilling back in November). But all in all, it was a good experience. As good as having your stomach cut open can be :)
I guess you'd say that I'm completely healed now? I feel great...my scar looks wonderful. Dr.G pretty much just combined me two scars, so it doesn't look horrible either. :) AND...the way that things are looking now, there won't be a third scar. At least not for a baby to come outta there!
Clif said from the time he found out that I was pregnant with triplets, that he didn't want any more children. I said that I was undecided. HA! I think I've pretty much made up my mind, unless for some reason God sees fit to change our minds! I'd say three is enough. And where our NICU experience was nothing but wonderful, I don't think that either of us could handle the stress of that again. Well, actually... I know that with God - we could handle it, but at this point in our lives, we don't want to. :)
My milk? It's gone. I started taking reglan, Dr.G gave me a prescription when I saw him last week. I would pump for 20-30 minutes, and get an ounce (where before I would pump for 20 minutes and get 8-10 ounces). So I decided... though it was tough, to stop. I was wasting time...and not getting NEAR enough milk to sustain one baby, let alone THREE.
I beat myself up over it for a few days... I hated that my babies had to be switched to ALL formula. BUT... they have taken to it well, not to mention it gives me so much more time with them - and time to do other things to!
Weight loss is...getting there. But not at the speed that I would like. I've lost 35 pounds since they were born. I'm *almost* back into my pre-pregnancy clothes. But even so, I have a LONG way to go before I am to the point that I want to be. I would like to lose 50 pounds. Then I'd be happy with myself :) We will see. I am joining "Weight Watchers" with my Mom next week, and am praying that it will be effective with my PCOS. That's what's fought against me in the past in losing weight.
NOT to mention... I'm on birth control now. >.< Awesome. I'm on some kind of weird BC that you can take while nursing, but considering I'm not nursing anymore... I will be calling Dr.G next week to switch to something that will help with my PCOS. Fun stuff.
Work. Hm, what's that? I feel like a bum. I haven't worked a day since May 27th. That's a LONG time. But it was for a good cause... actually, three good causes. And, for the time being... I'm not going back.
I won't go into detail - but God has and is continuing to work out the details that are allowing me to stay at home with our three little blessings. At least for a while. Clif and I are planning for me to go back to work sometime in January. Please pray with us that God will open a door with the same company I've been with for the last three years. I wouldn't know what to do if I had to get to know all new co-workers!
Some other prayer requests include Elliana. I took her to the eye doctor this week, and we were told that she has developed something to do with immature retinas? I honestly don't remember what it's called... but apparently it's something that is fairly common. I have to take her back on September 22nd for a follow up visit. Also, I will be taking her to her follow up with the cardiologist this coming up Tuesday. I am praying that they do an echo and find that her heart murmur/pda has closed.
Little Mr.Easton goes on Wednesday for his car seat study...we're really hoping that he still fits in his car bed so that he has a way of getting there! :)
And Eli...well, he's doing great. Other than spitting up through his nose on occasion and scaring the poop out of his mommy and daddy!
A few HUGE praises and I will close.
It looks like (as far as we can tell)... that the babies stay in NICU will be taken care of by my insurance, and whatever they don't cover will be picked up by Institutional Medicaid. There was a lady from NICU that called last week and asked if we would be interested in applying for it. The only stipulation was that the baby(s) had to be in NICU for at least 30 days. Easton was discharged during his 30th day, and Eli & Elliana followed him. Clif went and met with the lady at the hospital yesterday to fill out the applications. Just to show you what a huge blessing this is - we got an itemized list of what it would have cost for each boy WITHOUT insurance. Let's just say it's a combined total of $134,000. And I don't even want to think about what the total of Elliana's stay will be - especially with her having surgery! God has been faithful, and He continues to be!
Other praise seems so small compared to the hospital bills...but a few days ago, we received three cases of the Enfamil Enfacare formula that the triplets are on. I thought it was 16 cans, but Clif was quick to correct saying it's actually 18 cans. Which saved us $275!!! Which is awesome considering they are already going through a can+ every day!
Well... I decided to write this blog during my first time of being at home alone with the babies. It worked out really well until a few paragraphs ago. I currently have one baby that rousing in her bassinet, and another {very} hungry baby on my chest, rooting around on my face for food :) I am SO blessed, and enjoying very much this gift they call Motherhood!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Always keeping all of you in my prayers. Knowing God has a plan for you , I'm sure things will work out. God is so Good.

Take care. You have a very beautiful family.

Betty said...

Amazing how God works! I'm so thankful for all that you have been blessed with. You really deserved it! I hope that things work out so that you are able to stay home as long as you work. It is so wonderful...if you can afford it.

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved