Saturday, January 21, 2012

INK time :)




I know that some people don't like tattoos. Actually, I know a lot of people don't like them. And I also know that everyone has their own opinions and takes on tattoos. It is what it is. I don't debate it. And I try not to flaunt my tattoos in front of those that I know would not approve. But on the other hand, I'm not ashamed of them.
I will say that my tattoos have meaning behind them. And my newest one (pictured above) is no different. Our journey through these last few years has taken a lot of FAITH. Faith that God has always had a plan for our family. That His plan was not to harm us. Faith that His plan was perfect. We had faith that God would carry us through the darkest days of our lives. And He did. We had faith that God would give us a family, one way or another. And He did. We had faith that He would carry our babies through their time in the NICU, and He did. We continue to lean on Him, and have faith that He is in control of every aspect of our lives :)
With that being said, I've very pleased with my newest tattoo. It was my birthday gift from Clif. Faith being a picture of all the trials we have struggled through, and Heb. 11:1 saying:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

That verse alone says it all. :)

 The tattoo above was Clif's Christmas present from me. If you look closely, you will see letters in the branches that spell, "J-E-S-U-S", and you can also make out the image of Christ on the tree.

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love your new tattoo! I can't read the names on Cliff's tattoo but I love the design.

Holly said...

I like it!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

Love it !!

Jessica said...

LOVE the tattoos! I know what you mean about how others feel about them. I deal with the same - especially at church people have definite love/hate relationships with tattoos. But mine have meaning too :) I have one for my babies (it's on my blog) and another on my back with the reference 2 Cor 4:18 ("While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.") I think they are beautiful!

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved