Saturday, February 19, 2011

10w3d

...and exhausted. :)

Thought that I would update on everything going on. Things with me and babies seem to be going really well. I'm still experiencing some morning sickness... but it has slowed down. If in the event that I feel like I'm going to hurl, I can normally take a Zofran and feel semi-human.
Blood pressure has been doing really good with the medication. I went to Kroger last night and walked around for right at thirty minutes, and when I came out of the store I took my blood pressure in the truck, and it was 127/80. Needless to say - that made me smile! It's also helped (a lot) with the anxiety that I've been experiencing thus far with this pregnancy. Of course, nothing is going to take away all my worries... and they won't be gone until the triplets are here in our arms. But it's nice to have a little relief.
I currently am dealing with a head cold/sinus thing...which stinks. I called my nurse yesterday to give her some information about my FMLA, and also asked her if there was anything that I could take for my cold. I had a list of safe over the counter drugs that I can take - BUT - I happened to think, since I'm on the Labatelol, I might should ASK them before I take anything. And sure enough... I could have taken Tylenol Cold...but... they took it off the market, for some off unknown reason :( She told me that I could take Sudafed, but as soon as she told me that...Dr G was at her side, writing a note saying that Sudafed causes hyper tension. Wanna know what I can take? Nothing. Well...almost nothing. They said that I can use saline nose spray. Um... I think not. So I get to suffer and wait it out. Ha! Okay, it's not THAT bad... but it's still uncomfortable, and it makes sleeping a chore. I can't breath through my nose 80% of the time, so every morning for the last 4-5 days, I have woken up to a bloody top lip :( It's been splitting and re-splitting every night. Even with chapstick!
Okay, enough whining. :) Today I have had a little more energy than usual. And I stress a little. But it's been nice. I had to work eight forty five to twelve today, then I met my parents for lunch. After lunch I headed to Wal*Mart to pick up some needed supplies (like brownie mix to surprise Clif with!). I finally got home around two, and put a roast (with carrots & potatoes) on the stove, loaded the dishwasher, and started a load of laundry. I feel rather accomplished, considering I haven't d one any real cooking or cleaning in about a month now.
Now...all that aside, I guess there is somewhere I haven't really ventured lately. How's the grief aspect of everything? How are we holding up?
I'd say...honestly, that most days we are okay. I don't think there is a single day that we don't talk about Lilly. I mean, even today we met up with one of my friends in WalMart & were talking about cribs, and baby birth weights... and we openly talked about Lilly's birth weight of 5lb9.5oz. And that was fine. It felt normal?
I won't lie...I know that it's going to be tough. I actually dread going to the hospital on delivery day. But only because of the bittersweet experience I had the last time I was there. But I know that God is there, and that He will hold my hand all the way :)
God is teaching us many things with this pregnancy, already. Clif and I are different with one another... in a good way. He's always looking out for me, and meets my every need. God is teaching me trust... in a whole new way. It's so hard trusting Someone else with the lives of my three babies. But then again, I'm not in control at all. But He is completely. He is teaching us to pray all over again... in a whole new way. I know that I have said this for what may seem a million times, but Clif and I are incredibly blessed.. And we know that. And there hasn't been a day that has gone by since early January that we don't thank Him for what He has given us.
I hope and pray that each and every one of you have a wonderful weekend. Filled with love, happiness, and joy.

6 comments:

TanaLee Davis said...

I'm glad to hear that things are getting easier in this pregnancy and that your stress is lower.
~Felicia

Betty said...

I've had really bad congestion this pregnancy too. I found steam treatments help. Just boil up some water and dump it in a bowl (REALLY hot and steamy) with some Kaz inhalent...like Viks...and breathe it in with a towel over your head to keep the steam with you. Greatest thing ever. I really hope you feel better soon. There are few things worse than being sick and miserable while you are pregnant!

betty said...

Happy to hear the morning sickness is getting a little under control. Sorry about the cold; hoping it is one that goes away sooner than later. Wise idea to double check what meds to take/not take with the cold. Dinner with the roast sounds delicious! I bet Clif will enjoy the browines, what a nice treat for him!

I keep saying it, but you are definitely on the right page about how you are handling trust and praying and knowing God is in control.

hoping tomorrow is a nice day for you all!

betty

Jessica said...

Glad your stress is doing good and the blood pressure is under control! So happy to hear all is well! I think of you and your 3 lovely rainbows often! (((hugs)))

bnpatgentry said...

Just think only 29 more weeks to go!! WOOO HOOO!! I'm sure it will get better for you soon....and if it doesn't well it will all be worth it in the long run!!

Holly said...

When I was pregnant and stuffed up I used my neti pot and it worked wonders for me.

Total Pageviews

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved